11.07.2010

Today I'm Thankful for ...

BIRTH!!

I've been stalling on this post tonight, waiting with my cell in hand, to hear big news! My brother and sister-in-law are at the Birthing Center as I type (they've been there all day) working towards the arrival of their first child, a little girl! It's all very exciting!!!

Congratulations, Zac and Carolyn!!! Can't wait! I'm sending you the very best vibes I have and lots of love and the rest of my energy! I hope it helps! And I hope everything is going well down there! Love you!

*I'm also thankful for the rise in technology! That I can follow along via text in the birth events is amazing!! (although I haven't been updated now in 51 minutes ... makes me nervous ... except my step-mom is actually in there with them, and, really, she should not be texting. I'm sure there are more important things for her to be doing!) ... When one of my cousins was born, 20 of us were on Facebook having a running dialogue for an hour or more as my cousin brought us play-by-plays from the delivery room, and we placed bets on the time, the size, the sex, the name. Even then I remember being so shocked (and yet so, so glad!) that he was posting as he watched the birth of his child!

The birth of a child is an amazing and wonderful event, and I feel so blessed to have experienced it four times myself. Indeed, I am very thankful today for birth.

1 comment:

  1. Christi Lenz9:34 PM

    Brian and I had a nice laugh about your texting comments. :)
    I think I only remember him typing once so he hid it pretty well from me. :)

    ReplyDelete