11.16.2010

Mid-November Already?

It is amazing to me that it's already mid-November. Thanksgiving is next Thursday! Apple Cup is just around the corner! And let's not forget the Christmas Holiday Season! And then (sadly), Eli will start school instead of go to work with me. What a whirlwind the past few months have been, and, yet, it's been an amazing ride! Having a large family, a full time job, and being committed to both certainly keeps me happily (albeit sometimes wearily!) on my toes! Speaking of weary, I've been "planning" to run on my treadmill nearly every morning this month, and I've hit the "off" button on the alarm each morning it went off. One day I ran for 15 minutes. I have aspirations of another marathon some day! And I have "baby weight" to shed! More importantly, I love to run! But I also have four kids with runny noses and nightmares and midnight potty runs and late night nursing sessions. So I do what I can ~ and cherish all of the moments along the way. I'll get there. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. In the meantime ...

Today I'm thankful ...

... that I got to see Kate on the big yard at school today! ~ Owen *Kate's transitioning to the preschool class and that class has opportunities to play with Owen's class during outside play times!

... that I get to see Marley and Taylor and Uncle Jared again soon and that you came to lunch for Stone Soup! ~ Collin *Each student brought ingredients, the class spend yesterday dicing the veggies, and today the teachers hosted a Stone Soup Luncheon for kids and parents! So cool! Collin said he mostly chopped potatoes and carrots and rutabaga! Wanna see my reminder invitation from Collin? I knew you did! Here:
"Ston Soup Tomroe. I hop yo r thar. To Mom"

... for Aba! And Rikki! And Uncle Jared and Aunt Janae! Can they come to my house soon, Mom?! ~ Kate

... for Stone Soup Luncheons and moonlight runs! I was SO glad to get out of Everson Municipal in time to make the second half of the luncheon! I missed the story reading, but I got to sit with Collin and enjoy the feast! I think Collin was double stoked because I'd told him I wasn't sure I'd make it, and then I did - without Eli even (he still had a sitter). "I knew you'd make it, Mom, so I got extra fish crackers so we could share!" Oh, Collin, I was so glad to be thar! I also laced up my shoes and headed outdoors for a fantastic run and great girl time around the lake tonight! See?! I'm going to get there! Girl time and a run while Kevin puts the kids to bed. Now that's a winning combination!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment