11.15.2010

It's Working!

Today was a breakthrough in our Month of Thanks! We jumped in the car after school, and Owen - without any prompting! - said:

Today I'm thankful for Brannon! [Then, I prompted: Why?] Because I'm grateful for good friends! - Owen

I'm thankful that today is the first day of the Read-a-Thon! [Why?] Because I love reading! I'm going to raise lots of money! [You know the money's for your school, right?] Yeah, well, right. We're going to buy new toys and a balance beam and stuff though.

I'm thankful for Trick-or-Treating! - Kate [Then later at dinner:] I'm thankful for dinner!! Thanks, for the good dinner, Daddy!

I'm thankful that my month of focused awareness (really 10-15 minutes a day!) is proving to be a success! ... I'm also thankful for power! Go electricity!! The wind is seriously howling, and I'm typing as fast as I can in hopes that I finish this post before the power goes out! It's already flickered twice! ; )

*If you're interested in supporting the kids' Read-a-Thon to Raise Funding for their school (new board books and floor pillows for what will be Eli's room in another month and a half and a balance beam and other gym equipment for the bigger kids, etc.), please contact Collin or Owen! They are accepting donations at a flat rate or per book for a two-week reading period. (Common numbers are $10-$20 or .25 or .50 cents per book.) Each boy is aiming for 25 books total (~2/day). [I put a rule on Collin: a level 2 reader or above = 1 book; two level 1 = 1 book. He read 7 books tonight, for a total of 5 books in the count.) Kate's aiming for 1/day plus she's listening in as Collin reads and when we read with Owen. We're not going around or making calls, so this is my one and only solicitation (unless you're a grandparent, in which cases, you can be expecting a call soon!). Thanks in advance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment