11.22.2010

Today I am Thankful for Snow Days!

I had court this morning at 9 a.m. As always, I dropped the kids off at school and headed in to see how my day would pan out. After an hour and a half in the courthouse, I headed out of the building with full intentions of hitting the phone and a few motions hard. ... and then I saw the snowflakes falling, and I became a little kid again, praying for the teachers to call it a Snow Day! And it hit me like lightening!! I'm a big kid now! I am the teacher in my scenario, and I can call a Snow Day!

And so I did!! I raced (ok, drove very slow in the snow and ice) to the kids' school and scooped up my happy, gleeful children, and began planning out a new day! Collin immediately requested grilled cheese and soup "to warm us up!" due to the 20 degree weather, and Owen couldn't hardly stand to wait until after lunch ... he and Kate were bundled and out as soon as I excused Owen from the table. (He'd barely eaten a thing, but he just couldn't focus at all!!) The snow had continued to fall while we'd "eaten," and we were stoked! Eli and I watched the kids go up and down the hill over and over! Such excitement and thrill!

*We had our first snowfall Friday night, and although we got 4-5 inches, it melted on the roadways quickly Saturday (although we got almost 3 hours of snowfun in, so it was ok with us!). Today was much colder (as you read above), so the snow stuck around! No sledding turned surfing today! Woohoo! It was all fun and games until ... the sander arrived. I must know: Who do I call to cancel his run on our cul-de-sac?!

**My computer is being funky, and I can't upload pics - but I have some, and they are great - so when I can make it happen, you'll get to see them here. If you don't want to wait though, they did upload to Facebook! Friends, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment