Always a clown, ready to make you laugh if you're watching, Owen loves to share his joy! An optimist at heart, he can "make lemonade from lemons" and "turn a frown upside-down." Everywhere we go, others comment on how cute and sweet and happy he is ~ and the best part: he's infectious. You can't help but smile when you're with O (even if you're mad!).
Life Lessons from a Two Year Old (or, what O Teaches Me Every Day)
(1) Don't fuss and fret longer than a minute. It's not worth it (and Mom and Dad will still win!) Let life's little disappointments go ~ you wouldn't want to miss a moment of the happiness available to you!
(2) Shake off the bumps and bruises. Laugh and you might find they are part of the fun!
(3) You don't need teeth to chew your food (but they help!)
(4) Crayola truly has a monopoly on the art world ~ all other brands may claim to, but they do not wash out. Use the best.
(5) Saying "thank you" will not only express your gratefulness; it will boost the spirit of the giver and open the hearts of others observing in ways you might never imagine!
(6) Take pride in your accomplishments ~ put on one sock at a time and smile in between each one!
(7) Your brother (or sister) truly can be your best friend and teacher! Cherish the unique bond you share!
(8) Naps are a gift from god. Never pass one up. But be quick about it. There's life to live!
(9) Never underestimate the power of human touch.
(10) Aim straight. You're more likely to hit your target.
(11) Watch and learn.
(12) You can do anything on the first try if you've already convinced yourself you can do it.
(13) Put your arms up to block danger; duck to avoid flying objects; roll into a ball to trip up your opponent; run towards your assailant to confuse them.
(14) Live, Laugh, and Love!
Owen's Favorite Things at Two Years Old
- Big Brother Collin
- Balls, especially footballs
- Watching Football (or nearly any sport - except golf - on tv)
- Uncle Jared, Big Brannon, Neighbor Steve
- Tackling Collin
- Being Tackled by Collin
- Playing with Water (in a sink, a cup, a bathtub, a pool, a lake)
- Fruit Snacks
- Sausage Links, Clams, and Ketchup (not necessarily together)
- Sleeping with Mom and Dad
- Playdoh, Markers, & Mr. Potato Head
- A little hand-sized horse at Blossom, which he carries from 8:30 to 5:00 and calls, "Neigh"
- Putting miniature balls in his pockets
- Shrek, Donkey, Mickey Mouse, and the Bernstein Bears
- The "How Does a Dinosaur (Say Goodnight) (Learn His Colors) (Play with Friends) (Count to 10)?" book series
- Dancing and Jumping
- Making Others Laugh and Smile
My Favorite Owen Quirk: He pushes his long sleeves up to his elbows immediately after his shirt is over his head each morning! And when he can, he'll push his pant legs up to his knees too! For certain proof, look back at the pictures of Owen in his Cars pajamas on Christmas Eve ~ sleeves and pant legs pushed to the elbows and knees at all times! Sometimes I wonder if I dress him in long sleeves just so I can enjoy a giggle as he pushes them up each morning! : )
Happy Birthday, Owen!