12.31.2011

21 Questions I asked my Kids

1. What is something Mommy always says to you?
Collin: Do the dishwasher.  Actually, we need to do that today!
Owen: No thank you, Owen!
Kate: Yes.  Yes you can draw.

2. What makes Mommy happy?
Collin: When I do the dishwasher!  Or snuggle.

Owen: A hug
Kate: Smiles

3. What makes Mommy sad?
Collin: When she's asked me like 15 times to do something, like get off the itouch.

Owen: A kick
Kate: When I color on the table, but I don't really do that now.  When I was a little baby, I colored on the table.  Now I'm a big girl.  If you color all over the table, you make bad choices. Or if you hit.  Makes Mommy sad.

4. What does Mommy do that makes you laugh?
Collin: Tickles me
Owen: Tickle
Kate: Play

5. What was Mommy like as a child?
Collin: I don't know.
Owen: Soccer
Kate: Little tiny

6. How old is Mommy?
Collin: 34.  33?
Owen: 34?  36?
Kate: 2 and a half

7. How tall is Mommy?
Collin: 8 foot?
Owen: 9 foot?
Kate: Let me see (spreads hand far apart).  That tall.  Really tall.  Super tall.

8. What is Mommy's favorite thing to do?
Collin: Play with me
Owen: Clean the dishwasher!  Ha!  That's not really you're favorite!!  Playing with us is.
Kate: Play

9. What does Mommy do when you're not around?
Collin: Go to work
Owen: Go to Whistler
Kate: Look for me

10. If Mommy becomes famous, what will it be for?
Collin: I don't know.
Owen: Cleaning the dishwasher!!
Kate: You are great!

11. What is Mommy really good at?
Collin: Helping me.
Owen: Dishes.  What?  You are!
Kate: Driving

12. What is Mommy not very good at?
Collin: Gymnastics!
Owen: That's hard!
Kate: 

13. What does Mommy do for her job?
Collin: Go to court.
Owen: Go to work.
Kate: Take your purse.

14. What is Mommy's favorite food?
Collin: Chicken Pot PieOwen: Chicken Pot Pie
Kate: Chicken Pot Pie

15. What makes you proud of Mommy?
Collin: That she can do the dishes everyday and still be happy about it
Owen: When she lets me grab her throat
Kate: Your smile

16. If Mommy were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Collin: WordGirl
Owen: The mom on Phineas and Ferb
Kate: Dora

17. What do you and Mommy do together?
Collin: Read
Owen: Play with Eli
Kate: Play ~ teaparty, dolls, color

18. How are you and Mommy the same?
Collin: We both have the same colored hair and neither of us have birthmarks!
Owen: We both have a body
Kate: We look the same.

19. How are you and Mommy different?
Collin: I'm young, and she's an adult.
Owen: We have different colored hair.  I have blond, and you have brown.
Kate: We don't look the same.

20. How do you know Mommy loves you?
Collin: Because she hugs me and kisses me.
Owen: Love - hugs and kisses
Kate: You really do love me! (How do you know?) Because you love me really much!

21. Where is Mommy's favorite place to go?
Collin: Whistler
Owen: Grandma and Grandpa's Property (Shaw)
Kate: The park

*I borrowed this idea from another blog, and I loved asking my kids these questions today!  I can't wait to ask them the same ones about Kevin!