11.05.2010

Compliments

At home this past week (and for the rest of the month), we've been focusing on showing appreciation, gratitude, and compliment ~ both why it's important for the speaker AND for the recipient. I had a perfect "case on point" yesterday afternoon:

Ava was over playing with Kate (they were having a fabulous time!), and big sister Maddie, 5, came by to retrieve her for dinner. Ava started to pout and didn't want to go, so I offered to give her a piggyback ride home. She was thrilled and jumped aboard, pout erased. As we bounded through the grass, Maddie skipped beside us and said, "You're a good Mom, Jen." Maddie's sweet, simple words touched me and inspired great pride and joy. I was proud for both us ~ that I was on the right Mommy-track and that she was sharing her beautiful, kind soul. *I was proud for her Mom and Dad, too ~ they are also on the "right track!" ; )

Thank you, Maddie!

No comments:

Post a Comment