1.14.2011

Sick Day at Home

Is it bad that I am psyched that my kids like Scooby Doo because I do too? Is it unfair that I won't let my kids watch Dora, Diego, Barney, Wiggles, etc., because they are annoying to me? Is it ok that my kids - even my six year old - are still totally into Mickey, Donald, Pooh, Tigger, Curious George, Cat in the Hat, Dinosaur Train, and Clifford the Big Red Dog in great part because I think they are cute and funny?

Normally I don't worry about those questions. I just take for granted that my kids roll with my silly grounds for what we watch when and why. ; ) But today, we're going to be watching a lot I think, and it occurred to me that we could expand our viewing selection. But probably we won't. Afterall, I have a two year old in that mix too, and she can't watch Spongebob, for example. Hmmm ... I'm just trying to make it through a sick day without poor influence on them and without going crazy myself.

Yep, I'm home with my four (sick) kids. Only Owen is in top-notch health, and I am so grateful because he's vowed to be my Super Helper today (and so far, so good!!). *Who am I kidding, it's only a matter of time before his fever sets in and ruins his birthday ... **The sick pessimism is setting in.

So I'm going to turn it around and enjoy this opportunity to be home with my kids! I have many goals for the day:
  • catch up on laundry
  • finish my "Owen @ 5" blog post
  • change everyone's bed sheets
  • read with Owen
  • paint with Kate
  • send birthday cards to our many January birthday folk
  • participate in 3 meetings by phone
  • rearrange my kitchen cabinets so that our Magic Bullet and its many parts find a real home
  • call my mother - today is her birthday
  • pay my business taxes

Dang! I better stop. The list is exhausting me! I'll be back later - hopefully to strike some of that off the list!

*Good news! Since it's already done, I'm adding "do a science experiment with Owen and Kate" to the list! They made their own pancakes this morning and used our primary color food coloring to make green and purple pancakes!

There's Kate ... "Mom!!" Love that little lady! Off to dance with her. (add that to the list) (add wash syrup out of Kate's hair to the list too)

No comments:

Post a Comment