1.28.2011

Getting Back in the Game

This is such an exciting time for me! Eli is 6 months old, and I'm working hard to get back in the game! I gained the most weight with Eli of all my kids: 40, 41, 42, and 50+ (I quit tracking). But I'm super proud to say that I'm down to nearly my pre-Eli weight (7 pounds to go, give or take 3 on any random day or moment!).

So now that I'm over the big hurdle (baby weight), it's time to get this bod back in shape! Thankfully, I have a supportive team and family! So I'm off! P90X workouts, Insanity workouts, twice a week distance runs (ok, short distance so far, but they'll get longer). I have been sore for nearly three weeks straight, but I have loved every second of it!

Tomorrow Kevin and I have lined up a sitter, and we're hitting the mountain on our bikes! I can hardly wait! I've been up twice (the last two weekends) in the last 18 months +, and I haven't ridden with Kevin in at least a year and a half - maybe two. I can't wait! His skill level, his athletic ability, his joy in the sport have all increased tenfold since we last rode together, and it should make for an amazing afternoon tomorrow!

I have a few events this year lined up (*and a few I'd like to line up and **one I'm dreaming of being able to line up!) to keep me motivated and focused:
Running O' the Green - March 12 (Bellingham)
Mt. Si Relay - April 10 (Snoqualmie)
*San Juan Half Marathon - June 5 (San Juan Island)
Warrior Dash - July 16 (North Bend)
Waterfront 15K -September 10 (Bellingham)
*Bellingham Traverse - September 17 (Bellingham)
**Bellingham Marathon?? - September 25 (Bellingham)

***Dad, I'm counting on you for the Running O' the Green! We'll just do the 2-mile stint because Collin's going to be joining us ... and we can't let him beat us! ; )

Here's to a great event season and to getting back in the game!

1 comment:

  1. You might want to rething the Sept 10th one and plan on running in MT.
    -Lani

    ReplyDelete