9.08.2006

SunBanks Family Campout 8/25 - 9/4

We vacationed 9 nights and 10 days at SunBanks Resort on Banks Lake, just a mile outside of Electric City and Grand Coulee Dam. At first, it was just the "boys" and I. Then Monday Chrissy, Tracey, Marley, Taylor, Jared, and Janae joinned the fun. Friday Grandma and Grandpa Y arrived to share summer's grand finale weekend!

Unfortunately, Collin and Owen were sick as dogs the very first day of the trip, each running high fevers. In fact, Collin threw up all over his bedding in the middle of the night our first night there. What a bummer. But it didn't seem to phase him a bit! Both he and Owen melted right into a camper's lifestyle once the bugs passed. The rest of the week was relatively illness free and a total blast!

Below is a photo recap from my camera. As I get pics from the others, I'll share those as well:

Dad and Collin powwow the day's agenda after our rocky first night.

Owen took all of his naps and honored his bedtime as if he were right at home.

Father and Son march into the lake with their "wa-wa noodles."

I've got my Little Swimmer diaper, Mom. If you could please hand me my lifejacket ... we could be on our way!

Tuckered, Collin rests in the sun.

Little O pounds out a beat on his "drum."

Ok, Collin, watch closely. And do NOT knock this down. : )

Sorry for knocking over your castle attempts, Dad! I'll fix it!

See, I'm getting the water to make the sand stick.

Noodle, Anyone? I'm reminded of that scene from Lady and the Tramp where the two dogs slurp up the last noodle, one on each end. Of course, it's totally inapplicable given that I have two human boys, not two dogs of the opposite sex and that in reality I think Collin was thinking of whacking Owen in the head with the noodle.

Picture me, standing with one foot on the table, my hat on backwards, talking with Collin as he's "getting ready" to eat his lunch. The picture above is the end result of his "readying." Is this how we're supposed to sit at a picnic table, Mama?

Owen and Collin both LOVED being outside ALL DAY!! It was Owen's first camping trip - seven and a half months old.

Cheese!

Marley joined the sand castle forces, and the pair teamed up for water-duty.

Taylor, nine weeks old during the trip, is alert and just beginning to reach for items in front of her. It was so fun to watch Baby Tae-Tae and Little O playing; it reminded me a lot of watching Marley and Collin when they were little. Hard to believe the big kids are already 2 and 2.5!

Collin spent much of the week alternating between his own prescription glasses, Baby Taylor's blue glasses, and Marley's pink glasses. Above, he kicks back in Taylor's shades and enjoys the ride.

This is my favorite shot!! Owen was babbling to Collin, and Collin was conversing back - I have no idea what they were talking about!! Could it possibly have been the fantastic view from their courtyard table? : )

Collin perched beside Owen and the pair sat completely still for almost 15 minutes while Daddy and I "worked in the kitchen." I think they were facinated that it could all be done without a sink, a stove, a dishwasher ... a microwave!

Caught in the act! Unbeknownst to Collin, I snuck this shot through the tent window. As you can see, Collin found - and unrolled - a lone ranger roll of papertowels, still in the tent after PukeFest.
Uh - oh. Wait a second, you have a camera! Should I say cheese or look sheepish? I can't make up my mind!

Marley absolutely adores the babies and is constantly approaching for hugs and kisses.

Owen and Daddy watch the kids splashing and digging on the beach.

All kids down for their naps, Kevin decides to challenge Jared to a sand castle building contest. Immediately afterwards, a great windstorm blew, and the castle withheld. Unfortunatley, it did not stand up to the stomping efforts of Collin and Mama hours later.

Uncle Jared challenged Collin to a Noodle-Dual ... although perhaps Jared purposefully exaggerated his movements, this shot was NOT posed. : )

Marley, Owen, and Collin. Note: Collin almost never wore his shoes or sandels in the sand because he hated getting sand in his shoes. However, he hated even more to have to give up his "turn" at wearing Marley's pink shoes. So here he is "suffering" through the sandy shoe consequences. (Is Owen laughing at him or at me?)

Collin patiently checks out Uncle Jared's sand castle at 6:30 a.m. He had been told that he could knock it down "in the morning" once Uncle Jared got up. He's waiting.

Hilarious!

I didn't pick up all of the strewn paper towels. The kids continued to play with them, hiding in them, tossing them over their heads, etc. the rest of the week.

Unless you were on the beach, our site was basically a hillside. Luckily Chrissy and Tracey had brought Taylor's boppy. It came in quite handy for peace of mind that gravity wouldn't pull Owen backwards. *Note: we couldn't face him towards the water and the sandy beach because he would lunge forward towards it and face plant down the hill every time.

I think I figured out what these are for! Check out my leg warmers! It's amazing what happens when their imaginations are allowed to run free!

Although he spent more time in the shade than anyone and was always covered in 50 spf sunblock, Owen went home with the rosiest cheeks of all!

Grandpa Y got a new crabbing boat for his birthday. Collin and Uncle Jared join him for its inaugural trip.

Daddy, the Jump-a-Roo, aids Owen's desire to JUMP!

Cutiepie.
Tackle Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment