9.18.2006

Sick Day 9.18.06

The boys and I stayed home today and had a GREAT time! Sadly, they were both under the weather with runny noses and mild fevers, but their spirits were (mostly) very high! We had such a fun day! It's amazing how much fun you can have when you clear your calendar and have a whole day to play at home! We did art projects, read books, went for a walk (during the only hour that it wasn't sprinkling or pouring), played "I spy" in the neighborhood, practiced crawling, took down Collin's crib, etc. It was awesome!

Two of my favorite moments: (1) Collin sat down in a rocking chair with a bear, and he said,
Collin: "Hi, Bear."
Collin as the Bear: "Hi."
Collin: "How you doing?"
Collin as the Bear: "Good."
I had to turn away so he wouldn't see my laugh lines! (2) Owen was playing with toys in his room, and I was folding laundry on the landing just outside our rooms. Collin was helping by digging through the mountain-high pile for all of the bibs. Wanting to be a big boy too, Owen set out to join us and crawled for the first time further than a foot - actually crawling approximately 8 feet - practically dragging his left leg the whole way across his room! He is so cute! Both arms and one leg are now working together, but when it comes to crawling, that left leg is just a step behind. But he doesn't seem to care! He can now get anywhere he wants!! Kevin couldn't believe I'd spent the whole day actually encouraging his movement! : )

Although Owen seems to be battling a slight chest cold, the boys were doing much better by bedtime. Of course I'm excited for them to feel better, but there's a part of me that loved being a stay-at-home mom for a day. I am definitely going to check the budget and plan "sick days" for myself and the boys from here on out.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing better than being at home with your own kids. Of course, I am also looking forward to working part-time over the next few months for a change of pace.

    Miss you guys.

    S

    ReplyDelete