12.07.2011

Nutcracker Ballet @ Mount Baker Theater

Tonight Kate, Lily, and I went to the Mount Baker Theater to watch Rikki (Lily's sister) in her first ballet production!  It was also Kate's first ballet!  We had excellent seats:  4th row, right in the center!  And oh how Kate loved it!  She sat on her knees, upright, the entire first half, grinning and clapping!  After intermission, she sat on my lap, leaned forward, and bounced to the music.  She leaned back once and whispered:  "If I put on my ballet slippers and a really pretty dress, I could get up there and twirl too!  That would be cool!"  She commented on the costumes, the set design, and even the lighting (there were purple lights!).  It was a two-hour performance, and it was a perfect night!  I loved every minute and shared in her absolute excitment!