11.30.2011

RACK It!

My cousin Jen asked me if I had heard of "Random Acts of Christmas Kindness" (RACK).  (I hadn't.)  She said:  "It sounds just like something I would read on Facebook that you and Kevin would do with your kids!"  GREAT suggestion!


And just like that "Mission: Spread Joy 2011" materialized!  (aka RACK It!)


Here's the basics:  each day leading up to Christmas, we Tepkers have a mini-mission to give, serve, and help others.  In doing so, the hope is that we will spread a little Christmas joy AND develop a greater understanding of kindness and learn more about the ways our thoughts and actions impact ourselves, others and the world around us. 

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.  ~ Washington Irving
There are SO many ways to spread joy!  As I was researching and planning, many of the suggestions I found were monetary-based.  Because I want to encourage my children to learn acts of kindness that THEY can practice and repeat, I have asked them to create our list with simple, cost-effective ways to be kind and spread joy.  

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.  ~ Aesop
I am super excited!  I can’t imagine a more simple and fun way to broaden our experience of the MAGIC and JOY of the Christmas Season.  We start tomorrow!  Check back over the next month for updates on our Missio
*Check out RACK Project for links to more info and ideas!  I'd love to hear back if you do RACK too!