11.08.2011

Delicious Caramel Popcorn Recipe

Ok.  You've heard of Pinterest by now, right?  It's fabulous.  You know all the articles, ideas, lists, plans, etc. that you hear of or read about in a magazine and think to yourself "I would love to try that someday!" but can never remember what it was or where you found it or how to do it when "someday" arrives?  Meet Pinterest, my Friend.  An online filing system that's e-a-s-y to use, to customize, to share, to borrow from.  And, although you can get lost in it and it can potentially suck up time, I assure you, if used right, it will save you time and very possibly inspire some fun stuff too!  Check it out.  And while you're there, feel free to find me - I've probably already saved you time.  I love it. 

Why am I telling you about Pinterest?  Because I am posting this recipe on my blog so that I can share it with you - but also so that I can pin it to my "Feed Me! Desserts" page and never lose it!  My cousin Kim made this tasty treat for us this weekend, and it was sooooooo good!  She doubled the recipe for 6 adults and 5 kids ... but the adults devoured it so fast that we never even told the kids she'd made it!  I thought about taking a picture while I was eating but I was afraid that if I got up to get my camera, someone might eat my popcorn!  It was THAT delicious!  (so I borrowed this pic; as i said, it is not a picture depicting the recipe below, but it looks pretty close).  Give this treat a try ~ you'll love it too!


Caramel Corn 
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
8 marshmallows

Melt butter on medium low, add marshmallows and brown sugar and melt. Turn to low and stir.  Keep on low until blended together. (Pop popcorn while mixture melts and blends.)

Drizzle mixture onto plain popcorn, layering popcorn with caramel, then adding more popcorn. Serve while still warm.