2.05.2008

Collin Quotes 2.3.08

Me: Collin, it's time to settle down for quiet time.
Collin: Well, I'll try, but it's not going to be easy. : )

Sunday Collin was counting off the people we expected at our home for the SuperBowl game. Forgetting most of the parents, he'd reached #9. Then he said: "And if Katelyn pops out, then there will be 10!"

Two weeks ago, we were loading into the car in downtown Seattle (1.26.08), and Collin perched on the center console of the Jeep.
Me: Collin, you need to climb into the back and into your carseat. Let's buckle-it-up, Dude.
Collin: I will. But first I just need to be up here for a minute because I want to be close to you because I love you, Mom. (Little Manipulator!!)

Which reminds me ... Once upon a time I thought he'd dropped the "-my" of "Mommy." I'm pleased to report, I'm still "Mommy" most of the time! I'm only Mom when he's "educating" me matter of factly.

Another clarification: Once upon a time Owen went potty in the toilet and I got really excited ... for about three days. He's been full on in diapers ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment