2.19.2008

46 days, 9 hours, 28 minutes to go ...

The date and time are set: the C-section is scheduled for April 7 at 9:30 a.m. Katelyn's birth date is rapidly approaching!! As we get closer, the reality that we'll soon be a family of five is beginning to dawn on us, and I am becoming more and more anxious to meet her!

In some ways, I feel like I already know her ... she is an avid mover and responds to heat (such as a coffee cup resting on my belly), loud sounds (like when she kicked really hard tonight at the sound of Collin's toilet seat falling to its base), and her brothers' prods and voices. Whenever the boys near my belly, Katelyn starts to move. It is so cool!! And the boys love it! They had sort of "forgotten" the pregnancy in the last couple months, but have - on their own - seemed to also recently gain realization and are back to approaching her (not me), talking to her, kissing her (my belly), and talking about her impending arrival.

Here's a description of where she's at developmentally in this 33rd week: She weighs between 3.75 to 4.5 pounds, and her skin has turned from red to pink. She has started preparing for life outside the womb by storing iron in her liver.

No comments:

Post a Comment