10.28.2011

Brothers Through Trick and Treat

I awoke in the middle of the night to hear Collin crying out for me:  "Mom!  Mom.  Mommy-eee-eee.  I'm soooo sick."  Poor kid has been running a fever and completely wiped since Sunday night (it's Friday morning). So I rushed in, gave him some love and assurance, and hustled downstairs to retrieve another dose of medicine.  It was 2:33 a.m.

Then I heard:  "MOM!!  I'm going to be sick!!"  I "quietly" shouted as I raced back up the stairs:  "I'm on my way!"  But - quite thankfully - Owen had beat me there.  He was standing before his brother, holding the puke bucket as it slowly filled, and saying things like, "It's going to be ok, Collin.  You'll feel better soon.  I'm right here for you." (I love the way they care for each other.  Seriously.  The very best.)

When he was done, Collin looked up at us and said, "This is going to ruin everything.  We're going to miss Halloween" (which is in three days).
 Vampire Collin ~ Halloween 2010
 Batman Owen ~ Halloween 2010

Owen responded:  "Don't worry, Collin.  You won't miss out totally.  I'll carry two bags and get candy for you."