4.03.2009

Whidbey Island Half Marathon 3.29.09

I completed my first half marathon Sunday, and IT WAS SO AWESOME! I am STILL on a personal high!! I had so much fun, and I was so prepared, and I felt fabulous! And I ran faster than I ever have before ~ the biggest shock of all! I had trained at approximately 10:30 -11:00 minute miles on my "long runs," and I completed the half marathon in 9:04 minute miles!! In fact, I had told Kevin that my goal was to complete it at a 10:00 minute mile, so if he showed up at the finish line at the 2 hour mark, I'd hopefully roll in about 10 minutes later ... turns out I crossed the line at 1:58:29, and he, the kids, and the Stones missed me entirely!! (which is a big bummer because my cross was excellent ~ I sprinted the last 1/4 mile and cried as I crossed the line ~ I'm an emotional gal, what can I say?)

328/1,304 All Runners --- 16/158 in Age/Sex Division --- 128/885 All Females
My Time: 1:58:29 --- Average Time: 2:30:02 --- Best Female Time: 1:29:16

I DID IT! Now I'm signing up for a full marathon ~ Rock N Roll Seattle June 27, here I come!!

4 comments:

  1. Christi Lenz6:32 PM

    Way to go Jenn! You rock. That is a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just goes to show how far apart you and I really are. :( I didn't even know. Bummer. Sorry, I am so happy for you. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you! And I teared up when I read about you crying on the finish line. I guess we're both emotional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go woman!

    ReplyDelete