4.21.2009

Mt Si Relay 2009

I participated in the Mt Si Relay with 9 amazing women Sunday! Together, we formed two 5-woman teams that conquered Mt Si! The course: 10 legs, 57 miles - up and down the Snoqualmie Valley Trail. My legs: 4 (6.0 miles) and 9 (7.1 miles).
Pre-Race Team Photo - 6 a.m.

My cousin Christi runs in strong after her first leg - the leg that started it all - Leg 1 at 6:30 a.m.!
Prepping for my first leg (Leg 4)

And I'm off! 3 miles "pretty" flat, 2 miles gradually gaining elevation, and 1 mile dropping downhill to the handoff. The next leg had to go back up the sharp hill and get back onto the trail for a gradual incline several miles long! Ugh!!In between Legs, we refueled, rested, and played!

Leg 9: 5 miles downhill then a dreadful 2 miles flat, flat, flat - and straight. I could see the last checkpoint in the distance, and after 11 some miles, I often wondered if it was merely a mirage. Many thanks to Cat, who lent me her mp3 player with hard core tunes to keep me pumped. (I didn't know a single song, and I felt a strange urge to shout profanity after I finished listening, but boy did the music keep me jazzed and pushing hard!) *Cat is handing me her player in the hand-off above!

After Race Team Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment