4.10.2009

Collin & Marley

Collin and Marley are the best of cousins! I captured this moment last Saturday, as Collin and Marley watched "Bolt" before bed:
They each live for the next time they'll see each other. Literally, Collin's "calendar" centers on events with Marley. For example, this weekend is Easter, and the Easter bunny is coming, and we're coloring eggs, and there will be an egg hunt ~ but if you ask Collin what's going on this weekend, he'll tell you: "Saturday we're seeing Marley!"

If more than two weeks pass between visits, Collin starts prepping me for another playdate. He writes about Marley in his journal, draws pictures of them playing at the park or in the back yard, and sends her mail bi-weekly. I love the way he cares about her and that she holds a special place in his heart.

It reminds me of the wonderful relationships I have with my own cousins ~ I can't imagine my world without them! In fact, since February, we've been to Boise to see my cousin Shana (and her family), had Brian (and his wife) up for a weekend, and are heading to Vancouver in two weeks to see Bobby (and his family). I'm so glad that our love of family and its importance is spreading to our children. Here's a shout-out to all my cousins: Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment