9.29.2008

In my 20 years, I've never ...

It's 4:30 p.m., and I'm walking into Owen's preschool class to gather my cub when immediately I am flagged down -

Tate: Owen cut his hair with scissors.

Me (with a quick glance towards the teacher and then laser beams on O): What?!
Teacher: In my 20 years in childcare, I've never had a child on my watch cut their hair ... many at home, but never in my class ...
Owen is clearly proud of himself and watching for my reaction. Must hold it together despite the teasing grin growing on his lips.
Me: Owen, what are scissors for?
Owen: For cutting paper!! (But his look says so much more. "Duh, I know, Mom. But you and I both know they hold another purpose!" And the grin gets bigger, teeth now peeking through.)
Me: That's right for cutting paper. Who is the only one allowed to cut your hair with scissors?
Owen: CLARA!
Me: But who cut it today?
Owen: ME!! (Stunning Pause.) Oh, sorry.

Leave it to Owen. Of course, then he just shrugged it off and ran to grab his art of his cubby so he could show me the red spider he'd drawn me - with 29 legs and two huge buggy eyes!

Luckily, Owen cut at an angle in the midst of his shaggy mop, and no one would ever know ... it's just really thinned out in the center of his forehead!

1 comment:

  1. At least he didn't cut anyone else hair.

    ReplyDelete