11.14.2007

Belly Chats

I'm really starting to feel Penguin Feet (a name Collin gave the baby a few weeks ago that has kind of stuck with me!) moving in his cozy home. Just as his brothers were, he's busier at night and seems to roll around, getting his evening workout in. I wonder if he'll take on Belly-Kickboxing like Collin (who faced outward) or Intestine Tangling like Owen (who faced inward). I'm officially at the point in pregnancy where I start to love being pregnant, rather than dread it as I do the first 3-4 months! I love feeling the movements! Plus, much of my energy has returned, and I'm only occasionally sick ~ so I feel so great these days! (I'm 18 weeks and 2 days today ~ in the fifth month.)

As my belly has grown, so has the big brothers' interest in Penguin Feet. Owen pats my breasts and my belly and calls it all "baby." He seems to know "baby" lives in the belly only though because when he really wants to get up close to the baby, he lifts my shirt to expose the belly and gives kisses and hugs all over!

Similarly, Collin seems to have recognized that his own belly isn't growing at the same rate as mine, and I think he's given up on having a baby in his own belly. He seems content with that though as he has fallen in love with the baby in mine. I love it! He's constantly wanting to rub my belly and was the first to feel Penguin Feet move a few days ago (total luck and chance!). It was so cute! Collin often approaches me and asks: "Can I talk to my baby?" (his baby). Then he lifts my shirt, lays his cheek on my belly, and starts chatting away.

Monday's conversation went something like this:
"Hi, Baby! It's your brother Collin. I'm the biggest brother. How are you? Are you good? What are you doing in there? Are you playing? Have fun. Bye for now! Love you!"

Meanwhile, the name game continues. After a strong pull for Penguin Feet, Collin tried to name the baby Gavin, but we quickly discovered that Gavin and Kevin sound too similar. Kevin thought another soccer mom was asking him to touch his forehead to his knees during soccer practice, but (fortunately) quickly realized she was really asking her son Gavin to take the challenge! In that one moment, Gavin and Evan were removed from the list (add a K to Evan and you have Kevan). Luckily, Penguin Feet and Kevin do not rhyme.

We have our next appointment with the doc this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment