2.27.2012

True

On FB today The Dating Divas challenged readers to describe their spouse in one word.  I laughed and almost typed in an easy truth, like honest, steadfast, patient, or sexy.  *wink*  But then I paused to really consider the challenge.  Each word I considered (and I made a long list) marked just one aspect of the Kevin I know, the Kevin I love, the Kevin that is mine that no one else truly knows.  I didn't think one word could encapsulate the man I adore.

He is honest and loyal, and his family comes first.  He will protect and fight for those he loves.  He considers our reality, and ensures that we recognize it.  He creates dreams with me and ~ even if he thinks I'm crazy in the making ~ he works with me to make those dreams our life (despite whatever he's assured me was our reality!).  He makes me laugh without trying.  He is the yin to my yang.  Together, we find balance, and joy is realized!

And then I found a word that said all that.  The perfect match.  Just like us.  In one word, Kevin is TRUE.

Definition of TRUE

1
a : steadfastloyalb : honestjustc archaic : truthful
2
(1) : being in accordance with the actual state of affairs<true description> (2) : conformable to an essential reality(3) : fully realized or fulfilled true>b : idealessentialc : being that which is the case rather than what is manifest or assumed true dimension of the problem>d : consistent <true to character>
3
a : properly so called <true love> true faith> true stomach of ruminant mammals>(1) : possessing the basic characters of and belonging to the same natural group as true but not a typical mammal> (2) : typical true cats>
4
: legitimaterightful true and lawful king>
5
a : that is fitted or formed or that functions accuratelyb : conformable to a standard or pattern : accurate
6
: determined with reference to the earth's axis rather than the magnetic poles <true north>
7
: logically necessary
8
: narrowstrict truest sense>
9
: corrected for error
*#9 cracks me up!  He may drive me loco at times (afterall, my word for him wasn't "perfect"), but there's no error.  I love him exactly the way he is!  ; )
**I also love #7 ~ logically necessary.  We are a brilliant team, and our family success thus far is a result of team effort (and our external supports ~ we have amazing family and friends!).  Because of the support we give each other, we are allowed opportunity to shine in the areas we excel in most and the opportunity to step back with confidence when the other is a bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment