2.01.2012

Off to a Great Start

In January, I worked out over 29 hours.  I practiced yoga, did P90X resistence routines, and ran at least 72.79 miles!  I'm feeling "fit" again, and I've shed most of the "flubber" I created October, November, and December, when I enjoyed holiday feasts and treats and allowed my back injury (bulged discs) to recover.  *Those months were tasty, but January has ROCKED!  Recap:  I LOVE when I'm more fit.  I feel GREAT!
Taylor and I laying in the sun at "The Compound" August 2011 at the Carmody/Marshall Family Reunion.
Two Current Challenges to Consider in February:

(1) I absolute can not do any plyo-type exercises.  Three days in a row last week I tried to expand beyond resistance and running into some more hoppy, challenging routines (12 minutes tops of Insanity and Bodyrock workouts), and I had to refriend ice and ibuprofen.  Not fun.  If I don't pay heed to this knowledge, I may have considerable struggles this summer riding downhill at Whistler.  That is unacceptable.  I MUST take care of my lower back so it's ready to take on the mountain!  : )  *Great news:  Running doesn't hurt my back so long as I add in stretch and PT exercises.

(2) I have discovered that I am a chocoholic.  Literally.  This is new to me.  I used to love sweets, desserts ... but now it's specifically chocolate.  I developed this insane craving during my pregnancy with Eli ... he gifted me that and a nice large vericose vein in my left shin.  Ha!  Back to the chocolate ~ chocolate brownies, chocolate truffles, chocolate chips (white chocolate Ghiradelli, to be specific).  If chocolate is near, I am struggling to muster will power.  Basically, I don't stop eating until it's gone.  This has got to be tackled!!

Here's to February!