1.02.2012

One Word: Balance


Although I have a list of things I'd love for my self and my family to do or enjoy or focus on in 2012, one word defines my personal commitment for 2012 …
balance
I aim to take a deep breath and work at maintaining a sense of balance.
bal˙ance
1. a state of equilibrium or equipoise; equal distribution of amount, etc.
2. something used to produce equilibrium; counterpoise.
3. mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behaviour, judgment, etc.

Why Balance?
One thing I know for certain is that when I lose balance ... juggling my roles as wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, attorney, etc ... when my life is "out of balance," nothing flows quite as well.  Everything that is usually "easy" and fabulous becomes "hard" and chaotic.  It's like when my scales are tipped, there's a ripple-effect onto every aspect of my life and onto those dependent or relying on me. In addition, I begin to feel guilt (for one or more areas that I feel I'm missing or neglecting) and my enjoyment levels decrease. So my goal this year is to live my fabulous, wonderful life with a greater sense of balance so that I can enjoy it even more!

This all sounds a tad corny to be blogging to the great unknown, but I hope that with patience and reflection I will ask myself tough questions.  That I will choose to act with behavior that aligns with what I believe is really important (balance).  I hope that this manifests in the words I speak and the mannerisms I choose.  For example, I hope that I arrive more "on time" to events.  I hope that I speak in ways that motivate my children.  I hope that I get enough sleep so that I have energy to run for a football pass.  I hope that I work my body enought that it is tired at night and gets a solid night of sleep.  I hope that I feed my body nutrition sufficent to fuel my active days. I hope that I keep focus at work, so I get home with god-speed and get to enjoy every opportunity.  Ultimately, I belive that in achieving a greater sense of balance, I will be healthier ~ emotionally, physically, mentally ~ and better able to relax, enjoy, and give more freely to those I love.  


*I already have a few good ideas for next year's word!  But I want to live this year first.  Happy New Year!  And welcome 2012!