12.26.2010

Christmas Hit: Beyblades

Top 10 Things I LOVE about Beyblades:

1. They are classic toys: TOPS!
2. Anyone can work them ... from my 2 1/2 year old daughter to my 80 year old grandmother.
3. You "battle" without weapons, blood, or injury.
4. It's ok to have more than one ~ inspires sharing with others and invitations to play!
5. No mess. And they are small (size of a clementine), so I don't have to rearrange or reorganize our playthings to create space for the Beyblades.
6. No annoying sound.
7. No crazy rules.
8. They spin long enough for my kids to run upstairs, jammie-up, brush teeth (too quickly), and race back down to beat the blade! In fact, you'd be surprised what you can do while they spin! The boys have created games of challenge, like how many times can you race around the house before the blade stops spinning? *It turns out that you can run around our "circle" A LOT. (50+) My kids were extremely tuckered out tonight!!
9. My kids cheer each other on ... but also talk good-natured smack. And it's ok because sometimes they win; sometimes they lose. Good lesson in humility and sportsmanship. (*Smack includes the rare opportunity for "appropriate" name calling!)
10. Beyblades were the perfect #1 gift this Christmas, and Santa didn't even bring them. The boys picked them out (at different times) and gifted them to each other!




No comments:

Post a Comment