3.04.2010

Always Listening

As I was reading our chapter book tonight ("The Magician's Nephew" under our tent fort in the boys' room), Owen fell asleep on my left and Collin started snoring softly on my right. I smiled, paused for the night, and began to shut the book when Collin opened his eyes and said: "Mom, you can keep going! These things (pointing to his ears) are always on. I never shut them off." I laughed, reopened the book, and continued on. He again closed his eyes and within moments was lightly snoring again. I finished the rest of the chapter as he snored louder and louder with each paragraph. Guess we'll reread those last two pages tomorrow night ... or maybe that won't be necessary? ; )

2 comments:

  1. Aren't chapter books with the kids fun? Emma and I just finished reading our first chapter book together. I am inspired to go out and get a whole series now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit I've chosen selections with increased vocabulary (for example, a British accent and phrases) and demand for imagination, so that I'd have fun reading them aloud too! We have read two so far: Winne the Pooh and More Winnie the Pooh (which even Owen loved and followed). Now we've started The Chronicles of Narnia. (I debated many others thinking Narnia might be too mystical and complicated, but) Collin is following along brilliantly and loving it! I am always amazed by how much he remembers each night when we brief each other on where we left off.

    What did you guys read?

    ReplyDelete