3.17.2009

St Patrick's Day Dash 2009

My dad and I ran the Seattle St. Patrick's Day Dash Sunday in the craziest weather! It was snowing when we left West Seattle:
It was pouring at the Starting Line by the Center House:It was clearing at the half-way point out on the Aurora Bridge (!):And it was a downpour when we sprinted to the finish line against "rivers" running down the course:We were soaked by the end but had a BLAST! It was only as we neared the car that the chill set on ... : )

*My only regret is that the boys didn't get to run their first race (the Leprechaun Lap) due to the weather. Next year has GOT to be better, Boys!

*BTW: I'm training for a Marathon and ran 15 miles along West Seattle's shoreline Saturday in similar weather. Totally nuts. But as I ran the last mile and looked out onto Elliot Bay, there, just above a ferry crossing the waters, was a big, beautiful, full rainbow. And the sun had dried me off. Talk about awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment