4.18.2008

Happy Friday!

DAY ELEVEN (Yesterday's Pic)
Katelyn had her two-week well-child exam yesterday (a few days early since she was only 11 days old), and everything checked out beautifully! By the time we left the hospital last week, she'd gone down to 8 pounds, 2 ounces from her birth weight of 8 pounds, 9 ounces. Yesterday, she was back up and over her birth weight, weighing in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces! (75%) Woohoo!!

She also grew and inch and a half! What?! I asked the doctor about this, and he assured me that more likely she was 21 inches at birth, but the nurse was "too kind" and didn't want to stretch her out to get a more accurate measurement. He said depending on which nurse does the measurements in his office, babies tend to grow and shrink a few times in the first 2 months! ; ) So, yesterday, she was 21.25 inches long! (90%)

Her head, more accurately measured but not without room for error, measured in the 45%.

We're hoping to take a family outing to the Farmer's Market tomorrow, but the weatherman is calling for snow. Plus, still recovering from the c-section, I am reluctant to be out walking too long (the Market is only a quarter of a block long, so it's mostly the walk to and from the car, I suppose). Nonetheless, the trips to my doctor's visit Wednesday and Kate's doctor's visit Thursday really tired me out! I was truly shocked - and wondering when I'll be up for a walk around the block or a run around Lake Padden again! I'm ready to get active - it's been too many months! (And it's time to lose this "blubber" - is that what he called it, Shana?!)

At any rate, I'm feeling better and better each day. So, unless the snow hits hard, I imagine we'll make it out, and you can bet I'll post pics!

BTW - What's up with snow, 80 degrees, then snow again - all within three weeks?? In April!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes - the blubber. It's quite entertaining when you can sit in the bathtub and grab fistfulls of it, stretching it down to your knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are slowly feeling better. I love all the updates. I will make it over there one of these days. Right now I am tired and not feeling so great. Katelyn's present is just waiting for me to get off my pregnant butt and bring it over! :)

    ReplyDelete