9.04.2007

Pregnancy Update

Me: OMG. I have felt so awful! The afternoons are wearing me out, I'm beyond exhausted 80% of the day, and I feel as if I could throw up at any moment. I have had food aversions and cravings, however, nothing seems to ease my tummy. If anything, I get more queasy. The "good" news is that I haven't "grown" more after the initial burst (which probably rules out twins for those of you who had your fingers crossed). The other good news is that all of this ickiness is actually a great sign that the pregnancy is on-track and my body is reacting to its "new" state appropriately. Woohoo - ugh.

The doc: The doc who delivered Collin and Owen is (by choice!) no longer delivering babies, so we're having our first meet & greet with a new doc next Friday. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to hear our little babe's heartbeat and - if we're lucky - take a peak inside to see how he/she's doing!

Our Baby at Eight Weeks: Our embryo is about eight millimeters long, and an ultrasound done now would detect the tiny thumping of the heart. Although all the baby's major organs have formed, they are not fully developed or functional yet. At this point, the baby is about a quarter inch long, about the size of a small lima bean. (By next week, it'll be the size of an olive!)

No comments:

Post a Comment