10.23.2006

Vegas Baby!

It's true. Anyone will do anything in Vegas - for a price! These "birds" posed for the photo opp with us in Old Town, but "reminded" us as the shot was being taken that they don't pose for free! The place is a hoot!

We had an excellent time in Vegas last weekend with our friends Deb and Steve! Kevin and I gambled at roulette tables, craps tables, blackjack tables - even a Texas Hold 'em Tournament. We won some, lost some - ultimately lost some - but had a great time playing! I also saw a a Cirque de Solei show "O" at the Bellagio with Deb and Steve Friday night - amazing stagework. The act was fantastic, but the effects blew me away. I would definitely see another show, but I recommend reading up on the storyline ahead of time because I never did figure ours out. : )

Other highlights (in no particular order) include lunch at Margarittaville, the Big Top ride atop the Stratosphere (scariest thing I have ever done and will never do again - but glad I did it once), limo ride from the airport to our hotel (New York, New York), fabulous steak at Smith and Wolensky's, even more fabulous French Onion Soup at a bistro in the Wynn. Oh! And one of the most shocking moments for me: walking straight up to the Starbucks counter to order my coffee while the line next to me - at a bar for beer! - was ten feet long at 8:00 a.m.!

On our way to see "O" (the Bellagio is just behind us!)

I just couldn't leave without playing a slot machine - lucky for me, I broke even! But I much prefer the action and interaction of the other games!

Outside the Venetian

Atop of the Stratosphere

No comments:

Post a Comment