11.09.2005

69 Days to Go!

In the past two or three days, several people have commented that I really seem to have "popped" out in a major way. Of course, to me, I just feel like I'm becoming more and more pregnant (if that's possible?). But, I just got back from my OB-GYN visit, and Owen is indeed growing heartily. I have "suddenly" popped out more! Whereas two weeks ago, I measured right on track; today I measured three weeks ahead! This really means nothing in the long run as babies have growth spurts in the womb, just as they do after birth. But what it means to me is a great deal of explanation. I've lately had many more sleepless nights and really started to feel pregnant, in the sense that I feel large and stretched, unbalanced and awkward ~ and I am beginning to develop a waddle when I'm not paying attention. The good news is that I still have lots of energy and motivation and have been able to keep up fairly well with our roaming toddler. : )

Other news on the baby front: the C-section has been scheduled, and Owen will be born Tuesday, January 17 , 2006, at 9:30 a.m. (ish) (unless he has sooner plans)! Kevin has arranged to take off four fabulous weeks of paternity leave this time, and my mom will be up for a week to watch Collin while we're in the hospital and assist with the homecoming. Yeah! It's coming up soon! I can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

  1. How about a pic of the belly (and the Mom that goes with it!)? =-)

    Miss you a ton and am so glad to hear that all is well!

    ReplyDelete