9.09.2009

My Lady

I met Kevin and the kids for lunch in Fairhaven this afternoon, and it was delightful! It was such a treat to meet them on the Village Green, surrounded by the Farmer's Market vendors, and watch as they begged for strawberries and gaped over pickling cucumbers (Collin's new project "to do") and baseball pears (which Kate typically chose to toss). We had lunch at a local restaurant, and even though I was daring salsa to drip on my "dry clean only" suit and ate most of my lunch with Kate and/or Owen on my lap, it was so great to spent that time with them!

As we were wrapping up, Owen walked over to the table next to us and was peering at the little old lady, who was writing postcards. (so inspirational ~ I found myself drooling to know what romantic, friendly messages she was scripting) Anyway, I said, "Let's not bug the lady, Owen." and he turned to me, smiled very big, climbed into my lap, gave me a gentle, warm, big hug, and said, "You're MY lady, Mommy. I love you."

Then Kate handed me a raisin, and Collin announced he'd been waiting for "years and years" to get strawberries (dessert) "so could we please be done now?" Awesome lunch, My Children!

No comments:

Post a Comment