8.25.2009

Yakima Wine Tasting

We started Saturday wine tour at Sagelands ... mind you, this was just the first stop:Perfect. Just perfect. First stop, and she's already taking her clothes off ... ! That's NOT a good sign! Do you know that song "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off?" by Joe Nichols? Oh my. ; )

Ok, so I really shouldn't have put that up, but the part of me that knows I'm a good mom and knows this was a coincidental crack-up MUST share it with you! (I also have blurry pics of her laughing as she discovers a bottle bigger than her!)

Now I'll remind you what a sweet, innocent, sweet little girl Kate is: (*no, I have not been drinking ... I just think "sweet" bears repeating)

So we parked our Jeep at Sagelands and rode off on our bikes Saturday morning for an afternoon of wine tasting and some excellent riding! We rode out 9 1/2 miles, just a 1/4 mile from the turnoff to the 2nd winery, when:
POP! Massive flat tire. Kevin immediately turned around and rode the 9 1/2 miles back to the Jeep, loaded, and came to our rescue. Meanwhile, Kate and I shared a picnic on the side of the road:
Kate loves Peanut Butter and Jelly! And I love the messy, sweaty "helmet head' mop! She's so cute!
Our hero Daddy picked us up, and by then, Deb and Steve were ready to join the tour! We met at Bonair for a bottle of wine, some fruit, and cheese and crackers in the vineyard. We enjoyed live serenade and laughed as Kate tried to sneak into other people's picnic baskets, danced, and explored the grounds. Then we took a few photos:
Alyse - 2 days before her 1st Birthday!
Alyse + Kate


We were in Yakima for our friends' wedding, and the next photo was taken by the Groom just hours before he said his vows! We happened to run into him on the afternoon of his wedding ... at a winery with his grandparents! So Excellent!
Deb, Steve, Alyse, Kevin, Kate and Me

Deb and Steve rushed off to do pre-wedding events, while Kevin, Kate and I continued our tour.
Wineglass Cellars was a blast ~ complete with wine for the adults and crayons for ... the adults!

No comments:

Post a Comment