1.26.2009

Gray

I found my first gray hair yesterday. I was washing my hands, looked into the mirror, and there it was - springing out of my head - almost laughing at me in its absolute obviousness. My instinct was to groan and feel somewhat lost and go through a monologue about how old I must be getting.

But then I realized where I was washing my hands. At Center Cycle in Renton (my uncle's bike shop). Because I was buying a new trail bike. Because I'm healthy and fit and kick ass. Because I may be turning 31 in a month, but I'm a wife, a mother of three, a daughter, a sister, a friend, an aunt, a neighbor, an attorney. I ran 10 miles on Saturday. I love to laugh and play. I'm having the most fun and am my most happy! I love my life, and I enjoy it!

And it's JUST a gray hair.

So bring it on Gray! I'm ready for you!!!

(just in case, I have a hair cut and color in a few weeks ... ; )

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Ha ha! Welcome to the club Jenny, je t'adore! Brava...here's to YOU, you rock!

    xoxo
    Aunt Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Ha ha! Welcome to the club Jenny, je t'adore! Brava...here's to YOU, you rock!

    xoxo
    Aunt Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:10 AM

    oh, excuse the double click...
    Aunt Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome attitude to have Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:51 PM

    Ok, I'm younger than you and have MANY gray hairs! (How's that grammar?!) Remember, you pluck 1 and 7 more will come! I have so many gray hairs now that the saying must be true! Off to count...Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Honey! I've been plucking the grey's for a good 8 years now! You've got nothing to worry about!

    And I'm way impressed about the 10 miles. Want to go for a run while you're here? Maybe just a 5k...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:35 PM

    It's about time! He He :)
    Welcome to the gray hair club!
    Love you,
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete