12.01.2008

First Words!!

IN her high chair, AFTER a meal (lunch), Kate looked at me and said: "Ah duh." TWICE! And then again IN her high chair, AFTER dinner, she said: "Ah duh." WOOHOO!! I'm so glad to HEAR that you are "all done," Miss Kate!

(she's growing so quickly suddenly ... sniffle, sniffle ... )

In other news, today was all three kids first day with Miss Lori T in our new daycare arrangement. It went great, and the kids loved it! Although they were all three jumping at the bit to go home tonight, Owen and Collin reported that it had been a great day, that they'd sang and danced, played a lot, did art work, ate lots of food, and even taken a nap (I was there during nap time and Collin and Owen were cuddled up next to each other sleeping - practically spooning - adorably cute.) And Collin and Owen are already looking forward to tomorrow, so I call that fabulous!

Of course, not quite so fabulous is the emotional aspect for me. As I walked in for work this morning, the security guards in the courthouse asked, "Where's Kate? Oh! Is this her first day in daycare? Oh, how are you doing?" And I "cried" (more like sadly wept) the entire elevator ride up. I pulled it together for court, but twice teared up as EVERYONE kept asking where she was - I missed her!! Normally she'd be there - in court with me, out in the hall waiting for me, etc. My hearings lasted into the noon hour, and I even IMAGINED that she was out in the hall waiting for me. Each time I went out there, I habitually looked around frantically, wondering "where's my baby? who has her now?" And then of course, I'd realize that she wasn't there (which was actually a welcome realization as clearly: she wasn't there and any other explanation might have been horrible). It was all around awful. Except of course, I should have more time to focus on my work. It's just that my work is not always "cheery" (thankfully my colleagues are wonderful), and Kate made it cheery. I really enjoyed having her at work with me ~ to play with, smile with, cuddle, distract me even! I'm really going to miss her! (maybe that's why I'm not working hard on the bottle ~ gives me an excuse to visit at noon and pick up the kids an hour early at four!)

And last but not least, Owen's potty training was a HUGE success! Owen went from diapers to boxers 24-7 in three days flat! He ended up cutting out the bedtime diapers immediately, and officially declares himself "a big boy now." He can't stand the idea that we might think otherwise (which is why he immediately quit nighttime diapers, I think). Yes, you are a Big Boy, O, and we are so proud of you! BTW - I love that you put on - all by yourself - and wear every day, all day and night, layers of boxers at a time. Awesome fashion statement. You are a kick, and I love you! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment