7.01.2008

"Silly Man" 6.27.08

SCENE: We're in Grandma and Grandpa Y's house, and Kevin and I are getting ready to head out on a date with our friends Jacqui and Chris and getting ready to leave the kids with the folks. Collin wants something like candy or chocolate milk or something similar that I just can't remember, but it's just before dinner.

COLLIN (to me): Can I have ____, puh-lease? (Sweet smile.)

ME: I'm leaving. Grandma and Grandpa are in charge now, so you'll have to ask them. [I'm not about to sugar them up and then leave them! I'd like my parents to want to watch them again!]

COLLIN (to Grandma): Can I have ____, puh-lease? (Even sweeter smile.)

GRANDPA: Hey, Collin - you know, you might want to ask me instead. Sometimes Grandpa's bend rules and know how to make things like that happen! You know what I'm saying?

COLLIN (turning back to Grandma and snicker/chuckling): Silly Man. Can I have ____, Grandma?

Everyone busts up laughing!

The kicker is that he should have asked Grandpa - he'd probably have gotten the ____. : )

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:50 AM

    Oh man... too funny! It's a great thing you have this blog handy for these sweet little gems. Your kid's are so comical, you could probably never remember all of them that pop up and then get them back down on paper or in their baby books fast enough!!
    xoxo
    Aunt Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete