12.04.2007

I'm in love!

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting in court, and Katelyn kicked me in the ribs. Seconds later, she kicked again near my belly button! Within a moment, she kicked again in the same spot! I placed my hands on my belly and felt her movements as she continued to bat and kick for twenty minutes. It was as if the sun had risen, bright and shining, as I tuned out the rest of the world (lucky for me, my case wasn't called during this time) and simply enjoyed the rhythm of her movements. She started up again after dinner, playfully moving around until well after bedtime. It was the most wonderful day! I felt so connected to her, and so lucky to be able to feel her growing inside me. I am in love with her and so fortunate to have the opportunity to experience the beauties of motherhood. Oh, I can't wait to meet her!

We had our "official" ultrasound this afternoon, and the doctor confirmed her gender and noted that she's growing beautifully and proportionately and looks perfect! We saw her fingers and toes, watched her yawn and stretch, and marveled at the ultrasound capabilities. It was a great visit!

Oh - and for once, I didn't get a lecture on weight gain! Apparently, I was (!) gaining pretty rapidly, having put on 14 pounds by the last visit, when I should only have put on approximately 7. But by this visit, I had actually lost .2 pounds, so I guess I'm leveling out!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog post. We are expecting our 1st Grandchild and I can't wait.
    Hope all goes well with your pregnancy. God Bless

    ReplyDelete