11.21.2006

Expressing Emotion!

Collin woke up this morning begging to watch "Elmo in Grouchland" (for those of you unfamiliar, Grouchland is Oscar's old stomping ground - before he moved to Sesame Street). : )

So we went downstairs, and he began looking for the DVD. It was not in the kids' movie drawer. "I can't find it, Mommy. Makes me sad." Huh??

I smiled, remembered that the movie was in another room, and went to get it for him. But when he openned the case, his little face fell. "Not in there, Mommy. Makes me sad."

Quick thinker that I am (?), I checked in our other DVD player -- "You found it!! Excited!!"

A beaming child put the covetted DVD in the player, turned on the tv, and jumped to his spot on the couch for an "exciting," albeit "grouchy," adventure with Elmo!

"Makes me proud!"

No comments:

Post a Comment